Average temperatures in mid summer (January) range from a low of 19°C/66°F to a high of 31°C/88°F, and in midwinter (July) from a low of 4°C/39°F to a high of 21°C/70°F.
Average annual rainfall is 622mm/24in, and usually occurs in the form of afternoon thundershowers during the period from December to March.
WHAT TO WEAR AND PACK
Comfort is the order of the day, though you may wish to dress more elegantly for dinner i.e. sport shirts and slacks for men, dresses or blouses and pants for women. For game drives and bush walks, wearing neutral-coloured, natural fibre clothing is recommended, and we suggest packing the following items to ensure you are all set for your safari experience:
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Warm pullover and windproof jacket (evenings and the winter months can be chilly)
- Sun hat, sunglasses, and high-SPF sunscreen and lip balm
- Insect repellent (provided by the lodge, though you may wish to bring along your preferred brand)
- Camera, video camera, spare memory cards, and charging equipment
- Waterproof bag for personal items